£3m bid to improve Penicuik town centre’s conservation area
Want to find out how more than £3m could be invested to improve Penicuik town centre’s conservation area? Everyone is invited to a special workshop event in Penicuik Town Hall on Wednesday 16 August to hear more about the town centre heritage regeneration project.
Have your say
Midlothian Council, along with lead consultants Douglas Wheeler Associates and Austin-Smith:Lord are preparing a 2nd-round application to the Heritage Lottery Fund for the regeneration project. Come along, find out what is being proposed and have your say.
Workshop programme part 1
The workshops start at 4pm in the Cowan Hall on the upper floor of the Town Hall. Here is the full programme:
4pm. Penicuik Town Centre: Place Standard Workshop
• Opportunity to use the Scottish Government’s assessment framework in Penicuik
4pm. Property Owners Discussion
• Opportunity to meet the Conservation Architect
Workshop programme part 2
6 to 8pm Penicuik Heritage Regeneration Project Workshop
• How can Penicuik Town centre be more attractive?
• Review the emerging themes & projects
• Contribute to the 2nd-round funding application