Lottery funding for projects to commemorate His Majesty The King’s Coronation
National Lottery funding is available to support community events celebrating His Majesty The King’s Coronation in May. The funding is for events and activities across the country, to be held on or around the weekend of 6 to 8 May.
Grants are being awarded from £300 up to £10,000. Activities supporting the Coronation celebrations need to be small scale and driven by the community. Time is short however - applications should be submitted by the middle of February.
Projects could include:
- cultural festivals or activities aimed at building connections across your community
- events or activities engaging people from different generations and cultures to get to know one another and share experiences
- local improvements to provide a space for the community to connect to nature
- events or activities driven by the community to reduce isolation and help people socialise – such as a street party or community cooking event
The National Lottery Community Fund is unlikely to support activities or events which don’t involve wider community engagement. The strongest applications will demonstrate a lasting impact beyond the Coronation weekend. It’s likely that more applications will be received than can be funded.
Planned activities must also meet the standard National Lottery Awards for All project criteria.
- To find out more and apply, visit the National Lottery Community Fund website