Beeslack consultation to start on Monday 19 February
We're reminding local people the consultation about relocating Beeslack Community High School and realigning surrounding catchment areas gets underway on Monday 19 February.
The catchments affected will be the associated primary catchment areas as well as the secondary catchment areas of Penicuik and Lasswade High Schools.
More about our plans
The proposals are:
- Beeslack Community High School will be relocated from its current site to land adjacent to Easter Bush from August 2026 or as soon as possible thereafter
- A new additional support needs (ASN) stage will be established at Beeslack Community High School when the school opens in August 2026 or as soon as possible thereafter
- The catchment area of Beeslack Community High School will be realigned to include the catchment areas of Loanhead and Paradykes Primary Schools
- The catchment area of the closed Glencorse Primary School will be realigned to the Mauricewood Primary School catchment area
- The catchment area of Penicuik High School will be realigned to include the catchment areas of Mauricewood and the closed Glencorse Primary Schools
- A new Additional Support Needs stage will be established at Penicuik High School
Give us your views
Our consultation pages will have the online survey when it goes live on Monday 19 February.
To ask for a paper copy email: EducationConsultation@midlothian.gov.uk. These can be posted back to: Replacement Beeslack Consultation, Freepost SCO 622, Midlothian Council, Dalkeith EH22 1DN.
The consultation can also be supplied in braille, large print, audiotape or in your own language although the council’s website offers reading, speech and translation support when you use the browse aloud headphones icon at the bottom right hand side of the pages.
If you need further help please contact EducationConsultation@midlothian.gov.uk
Public Meetings will take place on:
- 20 March 2024 at Beeslack Community High School at 7pm
- 7 March 2024 virtual drop-in sessions
- 12 March 2024 virtual drop-in sessions
These virtual sessions will be 20 minutes slots between 2pm to 4pm and 5pm to 7pm.
Please contact EducationConsultation@midlothian.gov.uk to reserve a place.
All responses must be received by Tuesday 16 April.