Noise pollution

Noise Control

Complaints about excessive noise are investigated by the Council who can take action if the noise is considered to be a statutory nuisance or a breach of the anti-social behaviour legislation.

Depending on the source of the noise e.g., a domestic property, a licensed establishment or a commercial property such as factory,  different approaches may be taken to investigate the matter.

Environmental Health Public Health Team

Save to address book

0131 270 7500 (tel)