Parks - Penicuik-Dalkeith Walkway
14 Pomathorn Bank
Dalkeith Schools Community Campus
4 Cousland Road
Nearest postcodeEH22 2PS (Dalkeith) to EH26 8LP (Penicuik)
The Midlothian Ranger Service manage countryside and woodland parks.
Penicuik to Dalkeith stretch of the former Edinburgh to Peebles railway line: a 11.5 mile linear route that passes through many of Midlothian’s historic towns and villages. (9 miles of this are managed by Midlothian Council.)
The gentle gradient and nature of the route allows easy access for walkers, cyclists and horse riders. Explore and enjoy the spectacular landscapes and visitor attractions of the county.
- Free car parking along the route
- Picnic sites at Lea Farm and Rosewell
- Seating with views
- Tarred and whin path suitable for wheelchairs and mobility scooters
- Special events and activities organised by the Ranger Service
- Free curricular-based environmental education activities for schools and groups.
If you have some spare time, why not join the Ranger Service and Walkway Volunteers? You will take on practical conservation work along the route and maintenance throughout the year.
For more information, email the site Ranger Alan.Krumholds@midlothian.gov.uk.