Licence and permit applications - Premises licence with operating plan
Who should apply?
Any premises that routinely sell alcohol must have a licence.
A Premises Licence remains in force with no time limit, subject to an annual fee. It can be transferred.
Every premises must have a specified Premises Manager.
- The Premises Manager must hold a valid Personal Licence.
- A person can only be the Premises Manager of one premises at a time.
- If your designated premises manager leaves for any reason, you must notify the Licensing Board within one week or you will not be able to continue selling alcohol.
CostThe application fee and annual fee is based on the rateable value of the premises. Please contact the licensing team for further information.
(Opens in a new window)
What you need to supply1. application form
2. application fee
3. operating plan layout plan
4. planning certificate
5. building standards certificate
6. food hygiene certificate
Please ensure you read the guidance notes in the application pack before submitting your application.
Midlothian Licensing Board
0131 270 7500