Showing 1 to 5 of 15 events.
Scottish FA Midlothian Midnight Leagues
Date: 26th January 2018 - 30th March 2018
Location: Penicuik Park, 3Q Astro Turf,
Time: 20:00 - 21:30
Come along and play small sided games, accompanied by Scottish FA & Penicuik Athletic coaches.
Open to all, aged 10 to 18.
Ageing Well Line Dancing
Date: 5th March 2018 - 25th June 2018
On this day every month
Location: Dalkeith Library and Arts Centre, 2 White Hart St
Time: 15:30 - 16:30
Beginners Class starting Monday 5th March
For further information contact Vivian Wallace, Ageing Well, on 0131 561 6506.
Woodburn Tenants Group
Date: 22nd March 2018
Location: Dalkeith Miners Club, Woodburn Road
Time: 18:30 - 20:00
Come along to a tenants group meeting for all Woodburn council tenants.
All Woodburn Midlothian Council tenants are invited to this meeting.
Come along for a chat with your neighbours and with the Housing Department and see how we can work together to make a difference.
Just come along or phone us on 0131 271 3611 for more information.
Dalkeith Miners Club
'Two Trumpets' autism strategy event in Loanhead
Date: 26th March 2018
Location: Loanhead Leisure Centre, Loanhead Centre
Time: 10:00 - 12:00
Midlothian Council invites all those with a connection to autism to come and join an interactive event to share ideas and learn more about the progress of the Midlothian autism strategy.
Taking part in the event will be a range of guest speakers and performers who have a link with autism in either a personal or professional sense.
- Live Performance by Vicky Haylott– a professional singer who has written a song about her son Aiden and her thoughts on a neurotypically dominated world.
- Readings by Gail Keating, an ex-teacher of pupils with complex needs who has condensed her life’s work into supports for anyone to use like choosing, waiting and expecting the unexpected.
- Kids ‘Have a go’ session from autism sports organisation Team United
- In conversation with Engross Theatre Company directors Bobby and Yvonne Moore sharing the lighter side of parenting challenges!
- An exhibition by artists Gayle Nelson and Fiona McDonald, whose sons inspired a series of drawings counteracting the often negative definitions of autism in the Triad of Impairments.
- Nature play, a taster of fun, inclusive activities in the outdoors from The Conservation Volunteers – workshops for adults and for kids.
The event is free to attend but please register on the Eventbrite website to let us know you are coming.
Penicuik resident led estate walkabout
Date: 28th March 2018
Location: Cowan Court, Eastfield Drive
Time: 11:00 - 12:00
Resident led estate walkabout in Penicuik
Council officers will inspect the area for issues including messy gardens, fly tipping and dog fouling.
All Penicuik residents are welcome to attend, or report issues for us to inspect by:
- phoning 0131 271 3611
- texting 07808 903454
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org