Supporting adults with learning disabilities
Community Access Team
CAT, the Community Access Team, supports adults with learning disabilities in the various communities of Midlothian.
We run programmes of activities which reflect and build upon the individual aspirations of the participants. These may include:
- arts and crafts
- cooking for healthy eating and running a cafe
- participating in the local community
- literacy training
- exercise and sports activities
- tea dances and lunch clubs.
We work in partnership with Borders College on Skills Accreditation training. We aim to maximise the independence of each person, and help them with job skills and work placements.
We operate out of 6 locations - or Hubs - in Midlothian. Download more information about what happens at each Hub:
- Penicuik Hub leaflet (PDF)
- Vogrie Hub leaflet (PDF)
- McSence Hub leaflet (PDF)
- Bonnyrigg Hub leaflet (PDF)
- Kings Park Hub (Dalkeith) leaflet (PDF)
- Mayfield Hub leaflet (PDF)
This is a referral service. To find out how we can help, please call:
- Gary Copland, Manager: 07703 972 102
- Neil Stewart, Depute Manager: 07768 688 889