Noise pollution and antisocial noise
We investigate complaints about excessive noise, and can take action if we consider the noise to be a statutory nuisance.
We may take a different approach depending on the source of the noise. For example:
- someone's home
- a licensed establishment
- a commercial property such as a factory.
Where domestic noise is affecting you outwith office hours, please contact the police:
- Call 101, the non-emergency number.
Noise from commercial properties
Where noise affecting the way you live comes from a commercial property (pubs, clubs, hotels etc), we can investigate to see if:
- a statutory nuisance exists
- there has been a breach of licensing conditions
- if any enforcement is appropriate.
You will need to tell us:
- the source of the noise
- the nature and frequency of it
- how it affects the way you live.