Lock Down Crime
Safeguard your property to reduce house breaking
Security at home
- Sign up for alerts from your local neighbourhood watch scheme.
- Get domestic security advice from Police Scotland website.
- Find security products and advice on Secured by Design - the official police security initiative.
- Use a licensed and approved locksmith. The Master Locksmiths Association lists all vetted, inspected and qualified locksmiths in your area.
Crime prevention for businesses
- Find out about security and safety audits on the National Security Inspectorate website.
- Visit Scottish Business Resilience Centre website for business security services and advice.
- The Security Systems and Alarms Inspection Board also provides security systems and service.
Find out more at our Midlothian roadshows.
Lights - Camera - Lock Down Crime!
These videos were created by media students from Edinburgh College, in collaboration with The Community Safety and Justice Partnership, and Police Scotland.
As part of their course work, the students learnt about different types of housebreaking crime, and ways for people to avoid the distress of these crimes happening to them.
The students then showcased their storyboards before sourcing actors and locations to capture their ideas.
With thanks to the students and staff of Edinburgh college for their work and creativity.