Current swimming lesson spaces available April 2019:
The Penicuik Centre
- Adult and Child 0-3 years
- Junior Lessons for ages 5-16 years: Abilities - Beginners, Improvers and Developers
- 16 years plus
- Lessons run on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- We also have spaces in Life Saving for 12-16 years and Rookie for 8-12 years.
- Life Saving runs on a Monday
- Rookie on a Wednesday and Friday
Contact The Penicuik Centre to book on:
- 01968 664 066
The Lasswade Centre
- Adult & Child lessons 0 - 3yrs
- Pre-School lessons 3 - 5yrs
- Juniors lessons 5 - 16yrs Abilities: Beginners/Improvers/Developers
- Adults 16 years plus
- Lessons run - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday
- Rookie lifeguard 8 – 12yrs
- Lifesaving club 12 – 16yrs
- NPLQ (National Pool Lifeguard Qualification) course running on the Monday 8 – Saturday 13 April 2019
For further details contact The Lasswade Centre on:
- 0131 271 4533
Loanhead Leisure Centre
- Juniors lessons 5 - 16yrs Abilities: Beginners/Improvers/Developers/Stroke Developers
- Lessons days – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Sunday
- Rookie lifeguard 8 – 12yrs - Tuesday and Sunday
- NPLQ course running on the Monday 29 July – Saturday 3 August 2019
For further details contact Loanhead Leisure Centre on:
- 0131 444 9033
Swimming Lesson Information
Swimzone classes are available for all levels from pre-school to adults.
All of our swim coaches are UK CC Qualified.
Contact your local swimming pool for class times and prices:
Beginner level 1 and 2
- Level 1 concentrates on building up water confidence and breathing skills as well as introducing the concepts of buoyancy and streamlining.
- In level 2 the individual works on developing finer details on kicking and introduces the arm action in all 4 strokes:
- front crawl
- back stroke
- breast stroke.
Improver level 1 and 2
- Level 1 introduces breathing, timing and co-ordination of the 4 strokes.
- In level 2 stamina in kicking is introduced as well as finer detail in breathing timing and co-ordination of the 4 strokes.
Stroke development level 1 and 2
- Level 1 looks at improving skills and stamina learned in previous classes, introducing tumble turns, swimming underwater and diving into stroke as well as increased distance in swimming.
- level 2 increases swim distances and stamina learned in level 1