Health and social care integration
Midlothian health and social care partnership
The partnership brings together parts of Midlothian Council and NHS Lothian. It is governed by the Integrated Joint Board (IJB).
With a budget of £130million a year, the IJB plan services that help you live well and get support when you need it - from care homes to care at home, primary care to telecare, voluntary organisations to vaccinations.
Our vision is that people will lead longer and healthier lives by getting the right advice, care and support, in the right place, at the right time.
We will achieve this by:
- supporting people to stay healthy and well
- making it easy to get health and social care services
- providing excellent quality care, treatment and support.
What we're doing
Long term planning
We plan our services over a number of years:
- Strategic Plan, 2019-2022 (PDF) explains our plans to improve health and social care services. It is based on a joint needs assessment (PDF) and the views of the public (PDF).
- Workforce Plan, 2017 - 2022 (PDF) explains how we ensure we have the right staff to deliver the Strategic Plan.
- Finance Strategy, 2019 - 2022 (PDF) explains our spending plans to deliver the Strategic Plan.
Planning for specific groups
We plan in more detail for specific groups of people:
- Learning disability modernisation and redesign programme, 2018
- Two trumpets (autism strategy), 2016 - 2019 (PDF)
- Physical disability action plan, 2016 - 2019 (PDF)
- Sensory impairment action plan, 2014 - 2017 (PDF)
- Joint strategy for older people, 2016 - 2019 (PDF)
- Carer's strategy and action plan, 2017 - 2019 (PDF)
We commission services to provide relevant information for different groups of people.
Updates on our progress
Each year our progress and plans for the future can be followed through our:
- Annual Report 2018/19 (PDF)
- Directions we send to NHS Lothian and Midlothian Council (PDF)
- Our signed accounts (PDF)
- Signed unaudited accounts 2017/18 (PDF)
- Unaudited annual accounts 2019/19 (PDF)
- Public Inspection Notice IJB 2018/19
You can keep up to date with our latest newsletter (PDF).
- IJB code of corporate governance (PDF)
- The Integration scheme (PDF) is a legally binding agreement between Midlothian Council and NHS Lothian. It describes what the parties will do to enable the IJB to meet its responsibilities.
- Our Publication scheme (PDF) explains the classes of information we routinely make available and how to access it.
- We follow:
- We must also assess the impact of our policies, services and functions on equality.
- We also consider our climate change duties (PDF).
We are always keen to hear your views about our services. There are a number of ways you can do this:
- General comments to Mairi Simpson, Integration Manager: [email protected]
- To make a formal complaint, follow our complaints handling procedure (PDF).