Online forms: Bins or recycling boxes - missing, damaged, new bin request or returning

This form has a maximum of 7 pages

If you have already requested a new or replacement bin, there is no need to do so again. Duplicate requests take time to remove from the delivery schedule slowing down bin deliveries for everyone.


  • select 'Begin this form' (below). You don't need to sign in, as long as you complete each page in less than 10 minutes.
  • or register and sign in with myaccount. If you are signed in, the form will save and you can finish it later. Your contact details will be already filled in.

Complete this form:

  • if your bin or box is damaged or missing. We can then arrange a replacement or repair.
  • to report a bin that is abandoned or not in use.

Food waste caddies and glass collection boxes

Small containers are available for collection from your local Recycling Centre. Please ask Site Staff.

Important: brown bins

You need to pay separately to have your brown bin emptied.

We will only deliver a brown bin to a property where payment for the service has been made.

Please request a bin once you have paid for the service.

Food waste

We do not collect food waste from these areas, including small villages, farms and developments in rural postcodes, as per the guide from the Scottish Government:

  • Carrington
  • Crichton
  • Dewarton
  • Edgehead
  • Fala
  • Ford
  • Howgate
  • Millerhill
  • Newlandrigg
  • Silverburn
  • Temple
  • Whitehill

To check if we collect your food waste, call 0131 561 5284:

  • Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm
  • Friday 9am to 3:30pm.