Parental Employability Support
Are you a parent who is unemployed or experiencing in-work poverty? Are you looking for help to address barriers to employment, or to upskill while in work?
Get in touch with the Parental Employability Support (PESF) team if you live in Midlothian and are a:
- Lone parent
- Disabled parent
- Parent with disabled children
- Parent with 3+ children
- Parent from an ethnic minority
- Parent with youngest child under 1 year old
- Parent aged under 25 years old.
PESF is a free service that helps you:
- To Identify and work towards an employment goal
- To learn new skills to enhance your employment prospects
- To gain new qualifications
- To gain more confidence
- To understand how to maximise your income and your benefits
- With job applications, developing a CV and preparing for an interview
- Increase your income from employment.
For more information, call 01968664106 or email CLL@midlothian.gov.uk
The Young Person’s Guarantee
The Young Person’s Guarantee is funded through Scottish Government to provide flexible, person-centred employability support and training to young people aged 16 to 24 who are:
- Unemployed (excluding those in full time education)
- About to leave school without a positive destination
- A school leaver without a positive destination
- In low paid employment
- At risk of redundancy
- At risk of losing an apprenticeship
- Leaving training, volunteering, college or university without a positive destination
- Without qualifications at SCQF Level 5 or above
The aim is to ensure that all young people in Scotland have the chance to succeed, despite the economic impacts of coronavirus, with a guaranteed opportunity of work, education or training.