Childminders and food safety

  • Childminders providing food for the children they are looking after must register with us as a food business. 
  • Once you have registered we will contact or visit you to provide advice about complying with food law. 
  • Registration as a food business is free.

Most devices allow you to complete the childminder registration form on-screen before printing it off to send to us or print off and complete by hand.

The only thing that must be completed in writing is the signature at the bottom of the page. 

Childminder Food Registration Form (PDF)

Visit the Food Standards Scotland website for more guidance.