As a council, we are proud corporate parents.
Our role is to promote the physical, emotional, spiritual, social and educational development of our care-experienced young people.
We are determined to 'look after' them as we would look after our own children.
- Find out more about corporate parenting (Who Cares? Scotland)
- Corporate parenting: what it is and why it matters
- What issues are discussed at our corporate parenting board meetings?
- Find out more about our corporate parenting strategy (PDF)
- Joint Children’s Services Inspection 2020
We are the Champions
We are young people in care or who have been in care and we sit on the Midlothian Champions Group. We meet every second week to talk about important issues affecting our lives and those of other young people who are also care-experienced.
We want to make sure that young people like us have 'a voice' so we also share what we talk about at the group meetings with our corporate parents.