Residential child care
Midlothian Residential Services provide 2 residential care homes for Children & Young People aged between 10 and 21 years. We have two houses:
- Lady Brae House in Gorebridge, which has four beds
- Woodburn Court in Dalkeith, which has five beds.
We aim to provide the highest quality of residential living and care for some of Midlothian’s most vulnerable children and young people. These are youngsters who need to be looked after and accommodated away from home, usually because of family, educational, behavioural or social difficulties.
We seek to promote the well-being of the young people in our care by providing a family orientated atmosphere where positive relationships are built on mutual respect, trust and understanding. We provide care and support 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Our aim is to ensure that each young person’s residential experience is tailored to meet their individual identified needs, plans and hopes for the future.
Our Residential Team Mission:
“To keep safe and nurture Midlothian’s most vulnerable young people, and enable them to reach their full potential.”
- Care Inspectorate report about our residential services (PDF)
- Residential services young person booklet (PDF)
- Residential services anti-bullying policy (PDF)
- Residential services statement (PDF)
- Building Positive Relationships Strategy (PDF)