Midlothian Core Paths
The Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2003 requires all Local Authorities in Scotland to draw up a plan of Core Paths. Core Paths are defined as:
"...sufficient for the purpose of giving the public reasonable access throughout their area."
Download Midlothian’s Core Path maps
Please note that Core Path maps are not specifically designed as recreational guides. For this, visit Walking, cycling and horse riding.
- Core Paths Plan (PDF)
- Overall map (A3) of Midlothian Core Paths (PDF)
- Map list for Midlothian Core Paths (PDF)
- Full list of Core Paths downloadable maps
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Walking routes
- Cycle routes
- Town walking and cycling maps
- Borders Railway maps
- Polite Path Users Guide
- Businesses and organisations welcoming cyclists in Midlothian
- Core Paths in Midlothian
- Midlothian Outdoor Festival programme 2018
- Orienteering at Vogrie Country Park
- Mauricewood public path diversion
- Ageing Well Newsletter - September 2018