Support coping with rising living costs
Chatting with someone
- Red Cross Connecting With You: For over 18s if you are lonely call 03003033077 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland - 0808 801 0899
Friendship calls and advice about conditions
- The Silverline - (age 55 +) 0800 470 8090 (FREE)
Friendship calls and advice. 24 hours a day, every day.
Help to get online
- Connect Online helps people over 50 with technology such as smartphones, tablets and laptop. With the help of volunteers it offers drop-in digital skills sessions and home visit tuition to people who are housebound or who are carers. For anyone without a device it has a digital device lending library which includes mobile wi-fi and sims for phones.
You can drop into any of the sessions below:
- Penicuik, Food Fact Friends, Tuesdays 10.30-12 noon
- Dalkeith, St Mary’s Church, Tuesdays 2-3.30pm
- Loanhead Library, Wednesdays 11-12.30pm
- Rosewell Development Trust, Wednesdays, 1.30-3pm
- MAEDT Pantry, Mayfield, Tuesdays 11-12.30pm
- Penicuik Library, Thursdays, 2-3.30pm
For more info contact Una on 07856 573694 or email email@example.com
Staying connected in other ways
- Midlothian Active Choices - 0131 561 6507 Midlothian Active Choices on Facebook
Exercises for people with health conditions and/or weight management.
- Ageing Well (age 50+) - 0131 561 6506
Exercises, walking and talking groups. Ageing Well Midlothian on Facebook
- ALISS - Community Health & Wellbeing Information.