Starting a new business
There are many things to think about when starting up and running a business. This guidance is to help if you are considering setting up a business or taking over an existing one.
Make a business plan
When you first start thinking about your business, you might want to make a business plan. Find advice on making a business plan on Business Gateway.
- Find funding and finance information on the Business Gateway website
- Email our Economic Development Section for more funding advice.
We can also help point you at land or property for your business venture:
Our Business Directory can help to promote your business:
Council tenders and contracts are available from time to time. Our Supplier Development Programme can help you seek out business opportunities.
If you are starting a food business such as a cafe or hot food van, there are some specific requirements you'll need to meet:
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Borders Railway Business Development
- Midlothian Business Directory Form
- Commercial property for sale or lease
- Invest in Midlothian
- Industrial and commercial estates in Midlothian
- Tyne Esk LEADER
- Business Loans Scotland
- Midlothian farmers meeting 2020
- Economic Growth Strategy 2020-2025 with Economic Renewal Addendum
- Business Gateway Midlothian - Business Registration Form