Get a leisure pass
Access to Midlothian card
What is it?
Use the Access to Midlothian Card to gain free or concessionary rate access to a range of Midlothian Council Sport & Leisure facilities and activities including:
- Exercise classes
Midlothian Snowsports Centre and Dalkeith Community Campus are not included in the Access to Midlothian Card scheme.
Who is eligible?
Applicants in receipt of at least one of the following would qualify for free access:
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP) at the enhanced rate for both the Daily Living and Mobility Component.
- Employment & Support Allowance (ESA) at the severe rate and PIP at the enhanced rate for the Mobility Component.
- Attendance Allowance at the higher rate
- Adult Disability Payment (ADP) at the enhanced rate for both the Daily Living and Mobility Component.
- Child Disability Payment (CDP) at the middle or highest rate for the Care component and at the lower or higher rate for the Mobility component.
Applicants in receipt of any of the payments at a lower rate than detailed above may qualify for concessionary rate access.
Non-Midlothian Council residents may qualify for concessionary rate access if in receipt of enhanced award payments as detailed above.
Applicants in the following categories would qualify for concessionary rate access:
- Income Support/Universal Credit
- Standard Employment & Support Allowance
- Job Seekers Allowance
- Working Tax Credit
- War Widows/Bereavement Allowance
Proof of eligibility
Applicants must include proof of eligibility at the time of application to qualify for an Access to Midlothian Card.
This can be a copy of a letter, or email, of award or acceptance, which shows they are in one of the qualifying categories for either free or concessionary rate access.
The proof provided must show an applicant’s home address otherwise additional proof of address must be provided by including a copy of a utility bill etc.
Staff at the leisure centre must see your documentation.
How do I apply?
Application forms are available at all our leisure centres (except Dalkeith Community Campus).
Please complete an application form and return it, along with a copy of your eligibility to the leisure centre.
If you have any questions please contact us:
If you would like to know how Midlothian Council collects, uses and shares your personal information, read our Privacy Notice.