Get a leisure pass
Access to Midlothian card
This offers lower rates for:
- Council leisure centres
- Swimming pools
- Tennis courts
- Bowling greens
- Putting greens
- Floodlit all-weather sport areas
- Golf course at Vogrie Country Park
- If you receive benefits, all new cards cost £4.50
- 6 month card: £70.80
- 12 month card: £120.45
- Renewal and replacement cards: £4.50
Who can use it?
No charge for activities
- Disabled - depending on benefits received (if on the enhanced mobility and daily living components of PIP)
- People with learning disabilities - depending on benefits received (if on the enhanced mobility and daily living components of PIP)
- Talented Sports Performers and Coaches (must meet certain criteria)
Concessionary rates for activities
- Disabled (on lower rates of benefits for PIP)
- Disabled (resident outwith Midlothian)
- people with learning disabilities (on lower rates of benefits for PIP)
- Aged 60 years and over
- Aged 60 years and over (resident outwith Midlothian)
- Individuals on Income Support/Universal Credit
- Unemployed/Job Seekers
- People receiving Incapacity Benefit/Employment & support allowance
- People receiving Working Tax Credit
- War widows
- Full Time Students/student nurses
- Carers receiving benefit
- Anyone (including residents outwith Midlothian) who buys a 6 or 12 month card.
Above rates apply to Midlothian residents unless stated.
How to apply
Print and complete the application form, and take one passport sized photograph to your nearest leisure centre. The centre will give you your card.
For a free or concessionary access card, you will need proof of entitlement as listed on the form.
The Access to Midlothian Card can be valid from 3 months to 5 years from the date of issue (depending on the category of card for an individual). However you can buy cards valid for 6 or 12 months if you do not qualify because of age or benefits received.
The Access to Midlothian card is not valid for use at Midlothian Snowsports Centre