Libraries in Midlothian - Dalkeith Library and Arts Centre
Dalkeith Library has reopened as has Newtongrange Library but all other libraries are currently closed to the public.
The library is extending its hours to offer an evening and a weekend for customers. The library is now open until 6:30pm on Tuesdays and open on Saturdays between 10:30 and 12:30pm.
Newtongrange Library reopened on Monday 7 September. We will reopen other branches when we can.
All items due back on 18 March or later will not incur fines.
2 White Hart Street
0131 663 2083
Opening hoursMonday: 11:00 - 16:00
Tuesday: 11:00 - 18:30
Thursday: 11:00 - 16:00
Friday: 11:00 - 16:00
Saturday: 10:30 - 12:30
Services- Local and Family History (Not available currently)
- Microfilm Reader (Not available currently)
- Free WiFi
- Books (Available through Reserve and Collect only)
- Music CDs* (Available through Reserve and Collect only)
- DVDs* (Available through Reserve and Collect only)
- Talking Books (Available through Reserve and Collect only)
- Large print (Available through Reserve and Collect only)
- Hearing Aid Batteries
- Free public access computers (MUST be pre-booked session)
- Boardmaker software
- National Entitlement Card: 60+ and disabled
- National Entitlement Card: Young People
- Blue Badge Forms
- Newspapers and Magazines (Not available currently)
- Reference and information
- Bus/train timetables
- Midlothian's official Scottish Parliament Partner Library
*These services carry a charge
AccessibilityFully accessible but no public toilet
There is a Changing Places Toilet available in Dalkeith Arts Centre (which is part of the library building) which is accessible via a radar key