Vogrie Country Park
Things to do
Hawthorn blossom, Tyne Valley
Some services are not running because of pandemic restrictions.
The park is closed when the wind speed is 45mph or over. We will open 1 hour after the wind drops below this speed.
There are 11.5 miles of signed countryside paths through woodlands and the Tyne Valley. Information is shown on panels in the park, and on the map and leaflet:
We are based at Vogrie House. We offer environmental education sessions, volunteering opportunities, and free resource boxes to explore nature.
Vogrie Outdoor Early Learning and Childcare Centre (ELC)
The centre is open 50 weeks a year for three and four-year-olds.
- The Tree Top Café within Vogrie House has a Soft Play area.
- An adventure play area and toddlers play park (now open).
- Picnic areas and open lawns in the Victorian Policy areas.
- Regular activities such as pond dips for children are organised by the Ranger Service. Free resource boxes are available to all, full of useful equipment to pond dip, mini beast hunt or to explore the nature of the park (Not running because of COVID-19 restrictions)
- Miniature railway: Not running because of COVID-19 restrictions
Sundays 13:00 - 17:00 April to September, and on other fine days. Call:
- 01875 822388
- or 07484 324614
Events and barbeques
- an events field
- 2 barbeque sites for private hire
- 2 outdoor shelters suitable for up to 30 persons.
To book the barbeque site:
- call 01875 821716 or 0776 880 1787, Friday to Monday only.
- or complete the BBQ events field booking form (PDF)
Green information hut
The hut is open 9am to 4pm (closed 12:30 to 1pm) Friday to Monday only.
You can also book here for events and barbeques.
Schools and groups
Free curricular based environmental education activities for schools and groups are organised and led by the Ranger Service.
The park contains a section of the 13-mile Tyne Esk horse trail.