Midlothian Ranger Service
We are based at Vogrie House. We manage the countryside for the benefit of people and wildlife at these wonderful sites in Midlothian:
- Vogrie Country Park
- Roslin Glen Country Park
- Springfield Mill
- Gore Glen Woodland Park
- The Penicuik to Dalkeith Walkway
- Straiton Pond Local Nature Reserve
- Recreation (access)
To encourage participation in Midlothian's countryside and to work in partnership with communities.
To help everyone learn about Midlothian's countryside and heritage.
- Conservation (biodiversity)
To conserve and enhance Midlothian's natural environment and cultural heritage.
Every year we work with:
- over 2,400 children and adults on curriculum-based environmental education
- over 2,900 people attending our groups and events
- more than 11,000 hours of volunteer time on projects and events.
Guided walks and events
Volunteering with the Ranger Service
We work with individual volunteers on path clearance, and with groups on practical conservation of specific sites throughout Midlothian. Please contact us to find out more.
Is there anything wrong with this page?