2016 Scottish Parliament Election results
The Scottish Parliament elections took place on Thursday 5 May 2016.
Midlothian North & Musselburgh County Constituency
Colin Beattie, of the Scottish National Party, was re-elected as the member to serve the Midlothian North & Musselburgh County Constituency.
|Jeremy Balfour||Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party||6,267|
|Colin Beattie||Scottish National Party||16,948|
|Jacquie Bell||Scottish Liberal Democrats||1,557|
|Bernard Harkins||Scottish Labour Party||9,913|
|Ballot papers rejected||140|
Of the 140 ballot papers rejected:
- Want of official mark - 2
- Voting for more than one candidate - 12
- Writing or mark by which voter could be identified - 0
- Unmarked or void for uncertainty - 126
Midlothian South, Lauderdale & Tweeddale Constituency
Christine Grahame, of the Scottish National Party, was re-elected to serve as the Member of the Scottish Parliament (MSP) for the Midlothian South, Lauderdale & Tweeddale Constituency.
Lothians Regional List MSPs
The seven MSPs elected to serve the Lothians Region are:
- Miles Briggs (Conservative)
- Alison Johnstone (Green)
- Kezia Dugdale (Labour)
- Gordon Lindhurst (Conservative)
- Neil Findlay (Labour)
- Jeremy Balfour (Conservative)
- Andy Wightman (Green)
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- European Election documents
- Polling places review 2019
- General Election 2019 nomination pack
- General Election 2019 - Notice of Election
- General Election 2019 - Notice of election agents
- UK Parliamentary Election 2019 - Notice of Poll Part 2
- UK Parliamentary Election 2019 - Notice of Poll Part 1 (List of candidates)