European Parliamentary Elections 2019
Polls will take place on Thursday 23 May in the UK for the European Parliament.
The count for the Midlothian local counting area is on Sunday 26 May 2019 at the Lasswade Centre.
The results will be shared on these pages.
Totals across Scotland will be collated and, as soon as possible after noon on Monday 27 May 2019, the result for the Electoral Region of Scotland will be announced in the Business Centre, City Chambers, Edinburgh.
Scotland has six of the 736 members of the European Parliament. All six represent the whole country.
Registering to vote
To vote in this election you must have been registered by midnight on Tuesday 7 May.
If you can’t attend your allocated polling place to vote, you could apply to vote:
- by post. The deadline was 17:00 on Wednesday 8 May
- by proxy (you nominate a person to vote on your behalf). The deadline was 17:00 on Wednesday 15 May.
- Apply for a postal or proxy vote
Information for candidates and agents
- Information pack for agents and sub agents
- Nomination Pack for a Registered Party or Individual Candidate (ZIP)
- All documents
- Situation of Polling Stations (PDF)
- Public Notice of Election Agents (PDF)
- Public Scotland Notice Only – Notice of Election Agents
- Local Sub Agents Notice