Electric vehicle (EV) charging
Chargers hosted by Midlothian Council
Find details on where and how much EV chargers are in Midlothian by using our table and map links.
A new tariff and overstay policy will apply to all Midlothian Council chargers from 1 May 2023.
This map details:
- Type of charger
- If currently in use
- If operational
- Tariff applied to them
- Nearby amenities
Other live maps:
To use an EV charger sign up on the ChargePlace Scotland website
You will be asked to create an account.
You can purchase an access card which will link to your account and allow you to start charging sessions.
Or, start a session using the ChargePlace Scotland mobile app or via webpay
You will be charged every time you use any of our chargers based on our tariff.
- Find out about how to use a charger on the ChargePlace Scotland website.
- You can also find out more about charge point tariffs where tariffs vary depending on the charge point host.
- £0.30 per kWh for rapid charger (over 43kW)
- £0.16 per kWh for destination chargers (22kW and lower)
- Overstay charge of £1 per minute after 60 min of charge only for rapid chargers (over 43kW)
- A minimum charge of £1 per session, which would be waived if the session is interrupted
New tariff and overstay policy from 1 May 2023
|Charger type||Tariff (charge per kW)||Minimum charge per session||Maximum charging period||Overstay penalty|
up to 7kW
|£0.35||£1||12 hours||£1 per minute after 12 hours of charge, applies for sessions starting between 8am & 10pm. Fee capped at £30.|
up to 22kW
|£0.35||£1||4 hours||£1 per minute after 4 hours of charge, applies for sessions starting between 8am & 10pm. Fee capped at £30.|
43kW – 50kW
|£0.50||£1||1 hour||£1 per minute after 60 minutes of charge, applies 24 hours. Fee capped at £30.|