Borrow from the library
Before you can borrow from the library, you must first join.
- Adults can borrow 20 items including books, audiobooks, magazines, CDs and up to 5 DVDs
- Teenagers can borrow up to 15 items with a maximum of 3 DVDs
- Children can borrow up to 10 items with a maximum of 2 DVDs
- Borrow books, CDs and audiobooks for 4 weeks.
- Borrow DVDs and magazines for 2 weeks.
- Borrow eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines for 3 weeks.
- You can renew an item up to 3 times, as long as no one else has reserved it.
If your local library doesn’t have what you want, we can request it for you if it’s available in another Midlothian library.