Object or comment on an application
Anyone can object to or comment on an application for a licence to sell alcohol.
For advice and guidance on objecting or commenting on an application, download:
- Alcohol Focus Scotland guide to objecting to alcohol licensing in your community - How you can get involved (PDF)
Objections and representations must be in writing. Send them to the Midlothian Licensing Board at the address below, or email email@example.com.
The last day for objecting to or commenting on an application is shown on the licence application.
What happens if you object to or comment on an application
- A copy of your objection or representation will be sent to the applicant.
- The applicant may contact you to discuss your concerns and try to resolve the issues you have raised. Should your concerns be addressed, you may withdraw your objection at any time.
- When the Licensing Board hold a hearing to consider the application, you will be invited to attend.
- The Board will decide whether to grant or refuse the application licence at this meeting.
In some exceptional circumstances the licensing authority may agree to withhold some or all of your personal details from the applicant if you are concerned with your details being disclosed.
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Animal licences
- Alcohol licences
- Taxi licences
- House of multiple occupation
- Cinema licences
- Hypnotism licences
- Private hire car licences
- Public entertainment licences
- Employing a schoolchild
- Child performance licence
- Knifes and swords
- Late hours catering licences
- Market operators licences
- Metal dealers licences
- Public charitable collections licences
- Second hand dealer licences
- Second hand car dealer licences
- Sex shop licences
- Window cleaner licences
- Ear piercing licences
- Street trader licences
- Hire car licences
- Special event private hire car licences
- Midlothian Licensing Forum papers
- Midlothian Licensing Forum
- Road occupation permit application forms
- Skip permit application form
- Road excavation application forms and specifications
- Tables and chairs application form
- Application forms to construct a new road
- Tattooing and skin piercing licences
- Midlothian Licensing Board
- Draft Licensing Policy 2018
- 2018 Midlothian Profile of alcohol related harm
- Licensing consultation survey 2018