Organising an event
Tell us about your event
We can help you plan, organise and run your event.
Tell us about the event as early as you can to avoid delays and complications. We will decide if you need to apply for any licences or permissions, and give any other advice you need.
Your event details will be sent to relevant departments in the council. They may decide to get in touch with you separately.
We may invite you to a Safety Advisory Group (SAG) meeting to discuss the event with other agencies who may be involved.
Give advance notice of a public event
In the meantime, read the guidance to help with your planning:
- Event licences
- Health and safety
- Selecting and training stewards
- Road closures, traffic controls and signage
- Temporary raised structures
- Food safety
- Marketing your event
Is there anything wrong with this page?
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Alcohol licences
- Employing a schoolchild
- Child performance licence
- Public charitable collections licences
- Midlothian Licensing Forum papers
- Midlothian Licensing Forum
- Road occupation permit application forms
- Road excavation application forms and specifications
- Tables and chairs application form
- Application forms to construct a new road
- Midlothian Licensing Board
- 2018 Midlothian Profile of alcohol related harm
- Application for Window Cleaner's Licence