Organising an event
Road closures, traffic controls and signage
Traffic barriers, road cones and signage
If traffic barriers, road cones or signage are needed, you should request this as part of your public entertainment licence application. You will need permission from us to put advertising and direction signs on the public roads. We will assess your application and cost it for the service we will provide.
We need to know if an event requires a road closure for a procession, rally or race on a public road. The Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 allows us to close roads if we or the Police deem it necessary.
We will ask you to work with us and the Police to show that you can manage this. We will need to see your risk assessment and event plan showing the procession and diversion routes, and steward/police locations.
For events that use or cross the A702, A68 or A720 then you must contact BEAR as well.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a traffic regulation order application form. You must include with your application:
- a risk assessment
- an event plan
- an ‘Intimation of the Intention to Hold a Public Procession’ form.
Apply at least 28 days before the event. We can’t guarantee to process a late submission, and you may face legal action if the event goes ahead without the necessary permissions.
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Alcohol licences
- Employing a schoolchild
- Child performance licence
- Public charitable collections licences
- Midlothian Licensing Forum papers
- Midlothian Licensing Forum
- Road occupation permit application forms
- Road excavation application forms and specifications
- Tables and chairs application form
- Application forms to construct a new road
- Midlothian Licensing Board
- 2018 Midlothian Profile of alcohol related harm
- Application for Window Cleaner's Licence