Organising an event
Temporary raised structures
A 'raised structure' is a platform, stand, staging, seating or similar structure, which is 600mm or more above surrounding ground/floor level.
Apply for a permit for a temporary raised structure
- Apply as soon as possible, and at least 14 working days before a small scale event. Allow more time for medium and large scale events.
- If you apply less than 14 working days before the event, you will be charged for express processing. We cannot guarantee to process a late application in time, and you could face legal action if the event goes ahead without the necessary permit.
- You must supply a plan of the temporary structure with your application.
- We may request more information and a site inspection.
Please read the Building Standards page on temporary raised structures. Contact Building Standards for an application form.
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Alcohol licences
- Employing a schoolchild
- Child performance licence
- Knifes and swords
- Public charitable collections licences
- Midlothian Licensing Forum papers
- Midlothian Licensing Forum
- Road occupation permit application forms
- Road excavation application forms and specifications
- Tables and chairs application form
- Application forms to construct a new road
- Midlothian Licensing Board
- 2018 Midlothian Profile of alcohol related harm