Organising an event
Temporary raised structures
A 'raised structure' is a platform, stand, staging, seating or similar structure, which is 600mm or more above surrounding ground/floor level.
Apply for a permit for a temporary raised structure
- Apply as soon as possible, and at least 14 working days before a small scale event. Allow more time for medium and large scale events.
- If you apply less than 14 working days before the event, you will be charged for express processing. We cannot guarantee to process a late application in time, and you could face legal action if the event goes ahead without the necessary permit.
- You must supply a plan of the temporary structure with your application.
- We may request more information and a site inspection.
Please read the Building Standards page on temporary raised structures. Contact Building Standards for an application form.
Is there anything wrong with this page?
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Alcohol licences
- Employing a schoolchild
- Child performance licence
- Public charitable collections licences
- Midlothian Licensing Forum papers
- Midlothian Licensing Forum
- Road occupation permit application forms
- Road excavation application forms and specifications
- Tables and chairs application form
- Application forms to construct a new road
- Midlothian Licensing Board
- 2018 Midlothian Profile of alcohol related harm
- Application for Window Cleaner's Licence