Organising an event
Food and drink can be an important part of any event. Visitors may stay longer, or pay more for good quality food and drink.
However, food safety must be part of your event safety management plan.
It may be worth considering local suppliers or businesses to cater at your event. This may also be cost effective.
- Midlothian Business Directory is a list of local businesses.
If you invite food businesses to your event, you will need to ensure:
- they are registered with their Local Authority. (This may not be Midlothian Council.)
- they have a current Food Hygiene Information Scheme PASS certificate (for basic food hygiene legal requirements).
- that catering facilities with LPG (for heating or cooking food) have a current gas safety certificate.
Food Standards Scotland can help you produce safe food and meet your legal requirements.
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Animal licences
- Alcohol licences
- House of multiple occupation
- Cinema licences
- Hypnotism licences
- Employing a schoolchild
- Child performance licence
- Knives and swords
- Late hours catering licences
- Market operators licences
- Metal dealers licences
- Public charitable collections licences
- Sex shop licences
- Ear piercing licences
- Street trader licences
- Hire car licences
- Midlothian Licensing Forum papers
- Midlothian Licensing Forum
- Road occupation permit application forms
- Road excavation application forms and specifications
- Tables and chairs application form
- Application forms to construct a new road
- Tattooing and skin piercing licences
- Midlothian Licensing Board
- Wheeled Bin Cleaner Licence
- 2018 Midlothian Profile of alcohol related harm
- Application for Window Cleaner's Licence
- Temporary public entertainment licence application
- Application for Occasional Licence
- Air weapons licence
- Application for Grant or Renewal of Private Hire Car Driver's Licence, October 2023
- Application - Taxi Drivers Licence - Grant or Renewal, October 2023
- Hire Car Booking Office Licence, October 2023
- Metal Dealer Application, October 2023
- Metal Dealer (Itinerant) Application, October 2023