Organising an event
Food and drink can be an important part of any event. Visitors may stay longer, or pay more for good quality food and drink.
However, food safety must be part of your event safety management plan.
It may be worth considering local suppliers or businesses to cater at your event. This may also be cost effective.
- Midlothian Business Directory is a list of local businesses.
If you invite food businesses to your event, you will need to ensure:
- they are registered with their Local Authority. (This may not be Midlothian Council.)
- they have a current Food Hygiene Information Scheme PASS certificate (for basic food hygiene legal requirements).
- that catering facilities with LPG (for heating or cooking food) have a current gas safety certificate.
Food Standards Scotland can help you produce safe food and meet your legal requirements.
Is there anything wrong with this page?
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Alcohol licences
- Employing a schoolchild
- Child performance licence
- Public charitable collections licences
- Midlothian Licensing Forum papers
- Midlothian Licensing Forum
- Road occupation permit application forms
- Road excavation application forms and specifications
- Tables and chairs application form
- Application forms to construct a new road
- Midlothian Licensing Board
- 2018 Midlothian Profile of alcohol related harm
- Application for Window Cleaner's Licence