Organising an event
Marketing your event
Prepare a marketing strategy to support your event. It will help you identify your target groups or audience. Communication channels will vary depending on the audience you’re hoping to attract. Please note if you are planning to take photographs or video of people at your event, you will have to get their written consent. It may be worthwhile to publicise your intention to take photographs and video before the event on, for example, your posters or social media channels.
Register for event listings
- A free listing on Visit Midlothian will raise the profile of your event locally. Our tourism and communications teams may be able to offer additional help. Email event details to email@example.com.
- VisitScotland event submission - for a free listing on VisitScotland's events calendar. This automatically gives your event a listing in The List.
- Midlothian View is a locally based website offering a news section.
- What’s on Edinburgh is a free event listing service covering all of Scotland.
- Event Scotland has produced a guide on how to establish a marketing plan for your event.
Local press with distribution channels throughout the region. Either:
- contact the Advertiser directly for a listing
- or send details to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in the monthly tourism column.
Black Diamond FM is Midlothian's community radio station.
Is there anything wrong with this page?
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Alcohol licences
- Employing a schoolchild
- Child performance licence
- Public charitable collections licences
- Midlothian Licensing Forum papers
- Midlothian Licensing Forum
- Road occupation permit application forms
- Road excavation application forms and specifications
- Tables and chairs application form
- Application forms to construct a new road
- Midlothian Licensing Board
- 2018 Midlothian Profile of alcohol related harm
- Application for Window Cleaner's Licence