Midlothian health activities
Midlothian Active Choices (MAC)
What is Midlothian Active Choices?
MAC is Midlothian Sport & Leisure’s physical activity referral programme. It aims to help you become more active by providing a wide range of supported activities across the county to suit your ability level.
Who is MAC for?
The MAC scheme is for adults who are inactive and experience at least one of the following health conditions:
- Mild / moderate mental health conditions, such as anxiety or depression
- Obesity (BMI >30)
- COPD or other chronic lung conditions
- Other life limiting Long Term Conditions
We have a range of classes are that are specifically designed to help manage these conditions. The exercises in the MAC classes are designed to help you carry out daily activities more easily, and hopefully make daily life more manageable.
We can also write a suitable gym programme and help support you at one of our gym sessions.
How much will it cost?
As a MAC member you will be able to access the MAC supported activities and leisure centre mainstream activities at a reduced rate. You can pay as you go, or take out a direct debit membership.
- MAC Pay As You Go Card - £2.30 per activity session, renewed every 6 months.
- MAC Direct Debit Membership - £20.80 per month for the first 6 months, then £25.40 per month thereafter. Gives unlimited access to all MAC activities and mainstream leisure centre activities.
How do I get started?
A health professional such as your GP, Practice Nurse, Physiotherapist etc will refer you.
With your consent they will send us some information about your medical conditions. We will then send you joining information, including details of the activities on offer and how to get your MAC card.
What do MAC members think of the programme?
“You are encouraged to get active but not in a pushy way, you make the choices and are supported”.
“I am a much happier, positive and healthier person”
Contact the MAC team: firstname.lastname@example.org.