Midlothian health activities
Midlothian Active Choices (MAC)
Midlothian Active Choices (MAC) and Ageing Well activities
MAC is a referral scheme for adults who are sedentary or inactive and suffer from:
- mild/moderate mental health conditions (anxiety/depression)
- and/or weight management problems (BMI>30)
- or chronic illness, such as Diabetes or COPD.
We agree goals and action plans to help people become more active. Activity can accompany usual treatments such as medication, or replace them, providing more holistic treatment of mental health problems.
This is not a self referral programme. Referrals can be made by:
- SCI Gateway under Physiotherapy
- or by email to ask for a referral form:
Mac Team email: email@example.com
Once referral is done it can be emailed or posted. Or if done through Sci Gateway, it is sent internally to Bonnyrigg Health Centre.
There is more information on the Active Midlothian website.