Non-catchment schools

Placing requests

If you want your child to attend a non catchment school, you can request a place. This is called making a placing request.

Before making a placing request, you should read our Placing in Schools booklet (PDF).

We will try to accommodate your wishes, but it may not possible to send your child to a school other than their catchment one.

August 2024/2025

If you wish to apply for a place at a non-catchment school for August 2024, complete an online Placing Request:

We consider Placing Request applications in line with our Admissions Policy. We do not consider early applications.

If the pupil already attends school

Contact the school in writing. The Head Teacher will check the roll/class composition and establish if there is a place.