Creating a fresh vision for Dalkeith town centre
Have your say
Midlothian Council is updating the regeneration masterplan for Dalkeith. This will be informed by a new vision for the town centre. We want to build on what you said in previous consultations and understand what people want from Dalkeith town centre today and in the future.
Listening to you
Midlothian Council and People Powered Results at Nesta have been listening to people who live and work in Midlothian about their vision for the future of Dalkeith town centre. We have already asked you to take part in lots of different ways and would like to thank all of you who took part in our drop-in sessions, online workshops and walkabouts during May and June. Your ideas and comments are important to us and will help us develop our plans for the town centre.
How can I review the draft proposals and insights summary?
In August, we will share initial ideas and draft proposals for the town centre regeneration for comment, alongside an insights summary of what we heard from people during May and June.
There are 2 options for you to review the proposals and the insights summary:
- In person at Dalkeith Library. The proposals will be displayed in the library at a drop-in launch event, from 1 to 5pm on Thursday 25 August. Reiach and Hall Architects and council colleagues will be on hand to answer questions on the day. The proposals will then be on display, alongside the insights summary, in the library until 1pm on Saturday 3 September.
- Online through the council website. The proposals and insights summary will be available on this website between Thursday 25 August and Sunday 4 September
How can I share my comments on the proposals?
You can share your comments with us between Thursday 25 August and Sunday 4 September:
- In person, using a paper form at the library
- Through an online survey which will be available on this website
You can also sign-up to receive an email when we launch the draft proposals and insights summary on 25 August.
Please note that due to the timescales needed to design final proposals, and to ensure that these reflect what people are telling us, we are not able to review comments received after Sunday 4 September.
We will build on your feedback to create a final masterplan that will go for Council approval in December 2022. We’ll share next steps with you after that.
- Find out more on our frequently asked questions page.