Waste bin charges for new build housing
Midlothian Council charges for providing waste bins and recycling boxes to all new build housing.
The charge is payable when you apply for street naming and/or property numbering.
Midlothian homes are provided with:
- a grey wheeled bin for general (non-recyclable) waste
- a blue wheeled bin for dry mixed recycling
- a red box for glass bottles and jars
- a silver caddy for food waste (urban homes).
Residents of homes with gardens may also request a brown wheeled bin for garden waste.
Charges for a set of bins and boxes
|House with garden||Flat without garden|
|With food waste container?||Yes||No||Yes||No|
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Planning enforcement
- Change to boundary between Gorebridge and District and Moorfoot Community Councils
- Planning Performance Framework Report
- Ironmills Steps - A1 Layout
- The Bush Framework Masterplan
- Planning Performance Framework 2017-2018
- MLDP Approved Supplementary Guidance
- Signed Diversion Order
- Mauricewood - Signed Notice of Coming into Operation of Order 05 09 2018
- Shawfair New Primary and Secondary School Planning Consultation drop in session