Your blue bin is for collecting mixed recycling. Leave it at the kerbside by 07:00 on your collection day.
- What you can put in your blue bin
- What doesn't go in your blue bin
- A-Z of recycling in Midlothian
- Place all items directly in your bin - don't use plastic bags or bin liners.
- Rinse food and drink packaging to remove food or drink residue.
- Remove film lids or food tray liners from plastic trays or pots (put these in your grey bin).
- Ensure aerosol cans are empty before recycling.
- Remove plastic wrapping from junk mail or magazines (plastic film goes in your grey bin).
- Flatten cardboard boxes and squash plastic bottles to save space (you can replace plastic bottle lids).
- Don't put containers inside each other. For example: don't put plastic bottles inside cardboard boxes, or yoghurt pots inside food cans.
- Try to keep cardboard and paper dry.
- Ensure that all your waste fits securely into your blue bin and the lid is closed.
- We will not collect extra material put beside the bin.
- We collect your blue bin every fortnight.
Is there anything wrong with this page?