Waste service updates
All waste and recycling collections are operating as normal.
What should I do if my bin hasn't been collected?
If your bin wasn't collected:
- Leave your bin out at the boundary of your property if it's safe to do so and we'll return to collect it as soon as we can.
- Don't report a missed bin collection unless your bin is the only bin not collected on your street. Report a missed bin.
- If you can, please assist neighbours who may be less able to move their bin in bad weather.
- Be aware that in some circumstances we may empty one of your bins as scheduled before the missed bin is emptied.
To help us collect your waste
- Park your car in a way that doesn't cause further access problems for our bin lorries. For example, try to park on your drive, if you have one, and park with consideration on narrow roads or near a corner.
- In severe weather, clear snow and ice from the top of your bin, box or food waste container
- Ensure there is a clear path to allow crews to wheel your bin to the road / collection vehicle.
- Do not place additional bags on or around your bin. We will not collect side waste. Please keep this waste until your next scheduled collection.
- Household with an assisted collection service must ensure our staff have safe access to waste containers eg: paths are cleared and gritted in adverse weather or present bins for collection immediately inside the boundary of their property.
- Consider taking your rubbish and recycling to your nearest Household Waste Recycling Centre.
Is there anything wrong with this page?