Putting your waste/recycling out for collection
Contact us if you need help putting out your bins.
- Download your guide to waste and recycling services in Midlothian (PDF)
- A-Z of recycling in Midlothian
- Make sure the lid of your bin closes properly. If a bin is overfilled, we may not collect it.
- Don't put any waste next to your bin: we will not pick this up. Take items that won't fit in your bin to a Recycling Centre, or request a bulky uplift.
- Don't put heavy material like soil or rubble in your bin. It's not safe for us to lift heavy bins. Take it to a Recycling Centre.
When to put out your bins
Collections begin at 7am. Put out your bins and boxes by then to ensure they're collected.
- For your first garden waste collection of 2018, check your collection calendar:
What to put in each type of bin
Where to put your bins for collection
Put your bins where your property meets the pavement, footpath or road (or in your designated bin collection area).