Glass recycling box
What goes in your red box?
Your kerbside box is for the collection of glass bottles and jars.
- Wine bottles
- Cooking sauce jars
- Jam jars
- Beer bottles
- Coffee jars
- Ketchup bottles
- Baby food jars
- Drinking glasses
- Pyrex dishes
- Sheet glass / greenhouse / window glass
- Tea-light candle holders
- Broken glass
Using your glass recycling box
- Remove wine bottle corks and jar lids. These cannot be recycled as part of this service so put these in your grey bin.
- Rinse glass bottles and jars clean.
- Place items straight into your box. Do not use carrier bags or bin liners.
- Do not fill your box too full.
- Your glass box will be emptied every fortnight.
Recycling other glass items
- Ceramic ornaments or glass dishes in good condition can be donated to a local charity shop.
- Broken crockery can be recycled in the rubble skip at your local Household Waste Recycling Centre.
- Broken glass and mirrors should be placed in your grey bin for disposal.
Is there anything wrong with this page?