What goes in your grey bin?
Your grey bin is for the collection of materials that cannot be recycled.
Some local retailers have introduced collections of soft plastics. You may be able to recycle more of your waste using these facilities.
- Black sacks or bin liners
- Bubble wrap
- Cat litter
- Cling film
- Crisp packets
- Chocolate wrappers / biscuit wrappers
- Broken glass
- Personal hygiene products
- Used tissues or kitchen towel
- Wrappers, plastic films or plastic packets
- Recyclable items (easily recyclable items collected by the Council at the kerbside)
- Acids, corrosive substances, oil waste, paint, paint tins and other hazardous waste
- Garden waste
- Rubble, stone, soil and gravel
- DIY and construction waste such as plaster board
- Commercial waste
- Hot ashes
- Gas canisters, fireworks or other explosives
- Electrical items
If you have any of these materials, you may be able to dispose of them at your local recycling centre. For other materials, specialist collection / disposal may be required.
Your grey bin will be collected each fortnight.