My bin hasn't been collected
Sometimes, for various reasons, we may fail to empty your bin. We do appreciate the inconvenience caused when we don't empty your bin as expected.
If your bin is not emptied as scheduled:
- Leave it out. We will get to it as soon as it's safe for us to do so.
- Avoid contacting us to report a missed collection. We are aware of the streets where we have not been able to access bins.
- Check our service updates page
Your bin might not have been emptied if:
- it did not display a valid collection sticker (brown bin only)
- it was not out for collection by 6:30am
- it was not in your designated collection point
- access to your bin was blocked by roadworks or poorly parked cars
- the bin lid was open
- it is broken or damaged
- it had the wrong things in it
- it was too heavy to be safely moved by our collection crews
Your waste and recycling collection services
- Waste Services carry out over 5.8 million individual waste and recycling collections each year.
- We complete 99.95% of collections as scheduled.
Brown bin stickers
- We will only empty your bin if it displays a valid collection sticker.
- Stickers for the 2023 collection season are aqua in colour.
- Request a replacement sticker.
As traffic issues or vehicle breakdowns may affect the time your bin is emptied, please do not report a missed collection until after 3pm.
We don't collect bags left beside bins.