My bin hasn't been collected
Important information for collections due on Monday 19 September
As a mark of respect to Her Majesty The Queen, there will be no kerbside collections of waste or recycling on Monday 19 September.
- Information on alternative arrangements
- Please do not report a missed bin if your bin was scheduled to be collected on this date.
Recovery from recent industrial action
- We have now completed scheduled collections of bins missed due to the recent strike action.
- We can only empty bins with the lid closed. If your bin was not collected for this reason, please remove the excess waste and re-present your bin on its next scheduled collection date.
- We can only empty bins where the weight of the contents makes it safe. If your bin was not emptied because it was over weight, please remove the excess waste and re-present your bin on its next scheduled collection date.
- Information on any alternative collections of brown bins will be made available at a later date.
- Stickers for the 2022 collection season are pink in colour.
- We will only empty your bin if it displays a valid collection sticker.
- Request a replacement sticker.
If your bin is not emptied as scheduled:
- Leave it out. We will get to it as soon as it's safe for us to do so.
- Avoid contacting us to report a missed collection. We are aware of the streets where we have not been able to access bins.
- Check our service updates page
Your bin might not have been emptied if:
- it did not display a valid collection sticker (brown bin only)
- it was not out for collection by 6:30am
- it was not in your designated collection point
- access to your bin was blocked by roadworks or poorly parked cars
- the bin lid was open
- it is broken or damaged
- it had the wrong things in it
- it was too heavy to be safely moved by our collection crews
As traffic issues or vehicle breakdowns may affect the time your bin is emptied, please do not report a missed collection until after 3pm.
We don't collect bags left beside bins.