What goes in your food waste caddy?
Your food waste caddy is for the collection of raw and cooked food.
Use your food caddy for:
- Fruit and vegetables, including peelings
- Meat and fish, including bones and carcasses
- All dairy products, such as egg shells and cheese rind
- Bread, cakes and pastries
- Rice, pasta and beans
- Tea bags and coffee grinds
- Fruit stones and nut shells
- Uneaten food from your plates and dishes
How to use your food waste collection service
- Put a liner in your kitchen caddy - you can also use bin liners, other plastic bags or newspaper to contain your food waste
- Remove all food from its packaging. Most containers can be rinsed and recycled as part of your other kerbside recycling collection services
- Place any cooked or uncooked food into your kitchen caddy
- Once full, tie the liner and place in your outdoor caddy
- Place your outdoor food waste caddy out for collection at your designated bin collection point by 7.00am on your food waste collection day.
- Your food waste will be collected each week.
Is there anything wrong with this page?