What goes in your food waste caddy?
Your food waste caddy is for the collection of raw and cooked food.
Don't send your food waste to landfill
It rots without oxygen, so produces lots of methane - a powerful greenhouse gas - which then escapes to the atmosphere. Our treatment process avoids this, and ensures your waste is used productively and safely.
Use your food caddy for:
- Fruit and vegetables, including peelings
- Meat and fish, including bones and carcasses
- All dairy products, such as egg shells and cheese rind
- Bread, cakes and pastries
- Rice, pasta and beans
- Tea bags and coffee grinds
- Fruit stones and nut shells
- Uneaten food from your plates and dishes
How to use your food waste collection service
- Put a liner in your kitchen caddy - you can also use bin liners, other plastic bags or newspaper to contain your food waste.
- Remove all food from its packaging. Most containers can be rinsed and put into your blue bin.
- Place any cooked or uncooked food into your kitchen caddy.
- Once full, tie the liner and place in your outdoor caddy.
- Place your outdoor food waste caddy out for collection by 7.00am on your food waste collection day.
- Your food waste will be collected each week.
If you have the space, you can compost your food waste.