Garden waste collection
Kerbside collections of garden waste restarted on Wednesday 27 May
- Your first collection will take place on your first scheduled collection day on or after this date.
- For most people you brown bin is collected on the same day as your grey bin.
- Collections are fortnightly.
- New and replacement stickers have been ordered if you have told us you needed one.
If you paid for the service:
- on or after 11 May, your sticker should arrive by Friday 12 June. Your bin will be emptied on your first collection after you receive your sticker.
- on or after 31 May, your sticker should arrive by Monday 22 June. Your bin will be emptied on your first collection after you receive your sticker.
If your sticker has not arrived by the date above, request a replacement sticker.
We are aware that the stickers state that they expire in November 2020. These were printed before we extended the collection season. You do not need a separate sticker for collections between November 2020 and March 2021.
We appreciate that you have been helping us by storing your garden waste at home. To ensure we can empty your brown bin:
- Use your brown bin for compostable garden waste only.
- Do not overfill your bin. It's not safe for us to lift heavy bins.
- Do not squash waste into your bin. Compacted material won’t fall out when the bin is tipped upside down by the collection vehicle.
- Make sure the lid of your bin closes properly.
- Don't put any additional garden waste next to your bin: we will not pick this up.
- Ensure your bin is at the kerbside by 7am on your collection day.
- The handle on the bin should face the road, and the sticker should be visible to the collection crew.
- Look out for your neighbours and check they are able to put their bin out.
You can still sign up and pay for the service, but we will not empty your brown bin until it correctly displays a valid sticker.
Unfortunately we cannot take telephone payments for this service.
We charge £35 per brown bin for the kerbside collection of garden waste.
- Your brown bin will be collected fortnightly until 12 March 2021.
- No collections will take place between 12 December 2020 and 10 January 2021.
Discounts and concessions
There are no concessions and no discount if you join the service part way through the collection season.
No brown bin at your property
Pay for the service then request a new bin. We will check your property has paid for the service before we deliver your bin.
Request a refund
Cancel service and request a refund (within 14 days of paying for service)