Jobs and vocational training for adults
Need support to:
- Develop your skills?
- Find a job?
- Get work experience?
- Get back into learning or work after time out?
For more information about any of the above matters please get in touch.
My World of Work
- Explore your career options
- Find out about learning and training
- Get help with finding a job or volunteering.
SDS Individual Training Accounts (ITAs)
- You may be eligible to get up to £200 towards the costs of training through an Individual Training Account (ITA).
- You must have an income of £22,000 a year or less, or be on certain benefits to be eligible.
- ITAs are available in Midlothian for developing skills to support you in work.
- The course fee is paid through the ITA and you don't have to pay it back.
Employability and Learning Directory
The Employability and Learning Directory is a simple guide to a wide range of services which provide learning, training and employability options for people living in Midlothian.
You can use the directory to look for work, training or support with any employment-related matter. Service providers can also use it to help them refer clients to the most appropriate sources of support.
Recuitment and Skills Centre
The Recruitment and Skills Centre (RSC) at Fort Kinnaird shopping centre supports jobseekers to gain and retain employment. It works in partnership with other agencies (including Midlothian Council) to provide a service throughout Edinburgh, Midlothian and local areas.
This service includes maintaining a current list of local vacancies. RSC also supports jobseekers, such as help to create and update CVs, complete application forms and get access to information and events.
For more information about any of the above matters please get in touch using the contact details below.
Careers in childcare
Many more staff will be needed in childcare by 2020 and beyond.