Privacy and copyright
Midlothian Council is the data controller. Our Data Protection Register number is Z6284453.
Data will be collected so that we can fulfil our duty to enable the Town and Country Planning (Scotland Act) 1997 as amended by the Planning etc. (Scotland) Act 2006, and the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) (Scotland) Act 1997. We will also collect statistics to assist with performance reporting to The Scottish Government. This is the "Permitted Purpose".
We process the following data in relation to the Permitted Purpose:
- personal details
- details of any licenses or permits held
- details of business activities
- in some cases, sensitive information such as health details or ethnicity
We need to collect this data to so that we can process planning applications, requests for pre-application advice, and undertake planning enforcement action.
We may process personal information relating to:
- professional advisers and consultants
- offenders and suspected offenders
- licence and permit holders
- traders and others subject to inspection.
We may pass on your details to other relevant parties within the council in order to fulfil the Permitted Purpose. We will never pass your details on to any third party other than those that we are required to by law. If we do have to share your data then it will only be in relation to the Permitted Purpose. Organisations whom we may share your data with include:
- local and central government
- the ombudsman
- law enforcement
- regulatory bodies
- partner agencies
- licensing authorities
- data processors.
Data processors involved in the processing of your information are:
- Jadu, the councils website providers, who may process Information collected via web form.
- IDOX, the provider of the database and document management systems on which planning applications and enforcement cases are stored.
- ePlanning.scot, who process the initial Online Planning applications.
- Objective, who manage the Online Local Development Plan System. Comments made using this system are are subject to the terms and conditions on the MLDP Portal.
With the exception of information required to be made public for the Permitted Purpose, personal and sensitive information will be redacted from all documents displayed on the Planning Portal. If you have made comment on a planning application, your name will be published online.