Apply for a licence or permit
You must have the relevant licences or permits before starting your business venture.
- Apart from alcohol licences, we do not send out reminder letters for licences due to be renewed.
- You must submit a renewal application eight weeks beforehand along with all the required documents.
- If your licence has expired, it cannot be renewed and you need to apply for a new one.
Apply or renew
To apply for, or to renew a licence, refer to our list and return the completed application form.
- Alcohol licences. Alcohol licensing fees
- Taxi and Private Hire Car licences
- Shop and trader licences
- Leisure and entertainment licences
- House of Multiple Occupation licences
- Animal licences
- Short-term let licence
Email us if you cannot find a licence.
Is there anything wrong with this page?
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Alcohol licences
- Employing a schoolchild
- Child performance licence
- Public charitable collections licences
- Midlothian Licensing Forum papers
- Midlothian Licensing Forum
- Road occupation permit application forms
- Road excavation application forms and specifications
- Tables and chairs application form
- Application forms to construct a new road
- Midlothian Licensing Board
- 2018 Midlothian Profile of alcohol related harm
- Application for Window Cleaner's Licence