Apply for a licence or permit
You must have the relevant licences or permits before starting your business venture.
Please note, apart from alcohol licences, reminder letters are NOT sent out for licences due to be renewed. You must submit a renewal application eight weeks beforehand along with all the required documents. If your licence has expired, it cannot be renewed and you need to apply for a new one.
To apply for, or to renew a licence, refer to our list and return the completed application form below.
- Alcohol licences. Alcohol licensing fees
- Taxi and Private Hire Car licences
- Shop and trader licences
- Leisure and entertainment licences
- House of Multiple Occupation licences
- Animal licences
Email us if you cannot find a licence.
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Alcohol licences
- Employing a schoolchild
- Child performance licence
- Knifes and swords
- Public charitable collections licences
- Midlothian Licensing Forum papers
- Midlothian Licensing Forum
- Road occupation permit application forms
- Skip permit application form
- Road excavation application forms and specifications
- Tables and chairs application form
- Application forms to construct a new road
- Midlothian Licensing Board
- Draft Licensing Policy
- 2018 Midlothian Profile of alcohol related harm
- Licensing consultation survey 2018