Midlothian Council's Travel Plan for 2017 to 2021 will make our operational travel and transport greener and fairer, including staff commuting.
Prompted by Scotland's National Transport Strategy, the Plan sets out an aim, objectives, targets and a programme of actions.
Actions in the Plan have these objectives:
- enable those accessing our services to do so on foot, by bicycle, by public transport, or without having to travel at all
- reduce the impact of our operational travel requirements
- manage our workplace car parking efficiently, effectively and equitably
- promote the Plan and travel planning to our people and visitors.
Targets include a 10% drop in the number of people who drive to work.
Two 'salary sacrifice' schemes will be introduced:
- the UK Government backed 'Cycle to Work' scheme
- a 'bus ticket' scheme.
Staff can pay for a bicycle or bus season ticket from their gross salary and spread the payments. The financial savings are an incentive for them to leave their cars at home.
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Blue Badge documents
- Borders Railway maps
- Road safety and action plans
- Transport Strategy
- Cycle Midlothian - bike friendly places
- Cycling fact sheet
- Midlothian Council Travel Plan
- Bus network maps
- Let's Rock road traffic restrictions
- 2 SCOTS
- Hunterfield Road, Gorebridge - Temporary Road Closure Phase 2 Plan
- Road restrictions - Stobhill Recycling Centre reopening
- Spaces for People: Sustrans bid
- Fala Dam
- Dalkeith High Street road closure 4 and 5 October 2020
- Road closure plan - Foundry Lane, Loanhead
- Spaces for People